Tuesday 9 September 2014

DRAGON FLIES AND THE SWAMP CHASE, Watercolor Black White Gray Insects and Plants

I painted this picture from imagination and observation.  I live near a swarm reserve.  I love the tropical heat, the breeze of summer and I imagine the dragon flies of my childhood.  Obviously they're always there!  Just look at them!... like fighter jets on a chase!  Painting this picture made me realized my childhood walks with me every time!


Unique Black Grey and white watercolor painting nature, plants and insects, swamp, 29.5x42cm
Unique Black Grey and white watercolor painting nature, plants and insects, swamp, 29.5x42cm

If you have any queries relating to the painting, please leave me a message via the contact form gadget on the top right corner of the blog.  Thank you for your interest.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Its done with watercolors right?

    There's a small artificial pond in my office and I see a pink/magenta dragonfly living there these days. Been planning to paint it ... this (and another dragonfly piece I saw in google+ - strange coincidence) inspires me to get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's watercolor! Good luck and have good fun with your adventure with the dragon fly! :-)

      Delete