Thursday 11 September 2014

ZINNIA SONATA (2), Watercolor Painting Summer Flowers

I use bright flowers and sun light to see colors and what they do to the mind.  Zinnia is one of the flowers I grow for summer.  Strong stem, bold form, large range of striking colors make them stand out.  I used to sit quite close to admire them in the summer heat until my eyes came to a saturation, my heart felt a buzz.  I turned away and felt like half drunk.  A formal word for this effect is, I call it, summer and color sensation.  This Sonata series was created to describe the impact of blooming zinnia in the summer heat on me!

Sensation Fine Art Watercolor painting on Paper Color sense, Zinnia Sonata series, Two of Eight
Sensation Fine Art Watercolor painting on Paper
Color sense, Zinnia Sonata series, Two of Eight
If you have any queries relating to the painting, please leave me a message via the contact form gadget on the top right corner of the blog.  Thank you for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment