Wednesday 21 October 2015

Nouvelle Calédonie, Gouache Painting

Thinking of holidays by the sea is my kind of off-beat relaxation.  With a piece of paper and a box of gouache colours, I decided to have fun.  Nouvelle Caledonie is a French colony in the Pacific.  I get used to watercolour with its relax and free flow ability and did not realise extra work is required with gouache.  If you like to try, use the brushes that are not intended for watercolours.  Else you might ruin the delicate quality of watercolour brushes especially those that you can not have replacement! I have collected many watercolour brushes during many years and have noticed they have disappeared because people do not make them anymore.

Thinking of holidays by the sea is my kind of off-beat relaxation.  With a piece of paper and a box of gouache colours, I decided to have fun.  Nouvelle Caledonie is a French colony in the Pacific.  I get used to watercolour with its relax and free flow ability and did not realise extra work is required with gouache.  If you like to try, use the brushes that are not intended for watercolours.  Else you might ruin the delicate quality of watercolour brushes especially those that you can not have replacement! I have collected many watercolour brushes during many years and have noticed they have disappeared because people do not make them anymore.
Nouvelle Caledonie, Gouache Painting on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment