Thursday 26 November 2015

Roadside Sketch, NZ, Watercolour Landscape

I found this little sketch in a pile of paper.  A little piece of paper brought back huge memories.  It was a rare chance that I traveled through country side on a rugged curly road.   The sketch was done during a stop over at the road side for a stretch.  Looking around I was surrounded with wonderful natural elements in deep autumn colours.There are so much inspirations.  Couldn't help but pulled out my watercolour pochade and made a note on this poor piece of paper..  I wished I could have had just painted it.

Only a short few minutes but I could understand why Paul Cezanne chose to live in Aix en Provence instead of Paris.  I wish the car could stopped every few minutes for me to record the scenes.  I love to be in a rugged country sides.  I also know there's possibilities that I could not resist the temptation to spend whole day picnicking and painting and I might not remember to go home!  I knew what happened to Cezanne when the place he grew up became part of him.  His art just made the link unbreakable and timeless.   

Home is actually where the heart is.  I was very reluctant to get back in the car after having a moment to absorb and say good bye!
I found this little sketch in a pile of paper.  A little piece of paper brought back huge memories.  It was a rare chance that I traveled through country side on a rugged curly road.   The sketch was done during a stop over at the road side for a stretch.  Looking around I was surrounded with wonderful natural elements in deep autumn colours.There are so much inspirations.  Couldn't help but pulled out my watercolour pochade and made a note on this poor piece of paper..  I wished I could have had just painted it.  Only a short few minutes but I could understand why Paul Cezanne chose to live in Aix en Provence instead of Paris.  I wish the car could stopped every few minutes for me to record the scenes.  I love to be in a rugged country sides.  I also know there's possibilities that I could not resist the temptation to spend whole day picnicking and painting and I might not remember to go home!  I knew what happened to Cezanne when the place he grew up became part of him.  His art just made the link unbreakable and timeless.     Home is actually where the heart is.  I was very reluctant to get back in the car after having a moment to absorb and say good bye!
Gorgeous Countryside, Watercolour Sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment