Thursday 15 January 2015

EN PLEIN AIR PAINTING 16/1/2015

Coming to Wenderholm, I realised I had forgotten my glasses.  I had not had water either.  I went around to see whether I could get a bottle of water somewhere but the only place was away so I had to walk.  One problem solved.  Another, well!, I have to paint without glasses.  Monet, the painter with one trouble eye, gave me the courage.  I located the palette where my eyes could see colours, same with the paper!
The attractive white waves could only meant one thing. wind, a lot of wind.  I love the cool wind from the ocean in hot summer days but it means I sat down and held tight to the board.  I tried to photo the painting with the scene from where I sat but the wind kept blowing it away.  After a dozen times, I gave up and stood up holding the board on one hand against the landscape and photo it with the other.  Here is the photos.


Wenderholm seaside park, en plain air  water-colour painting
"Going for a Swim" take 1
This one had some shade of the park table.

Wenderholm seaside park, en plain air  water-colour painting
"Going for a Swim" take 2
This one missed out a bit because my arm is not long enough!

I love outdoor painting with all the odds.  Anyway it was a fantastic day on the beach!


For more exclusive art please visit:
http://emillionsart.com/artist.php?id=30






No comments:

Post a Comment