Wednesday 4 November 2015

Only You, Watercolour Painting Seascape

It was my turn to suggest a site for en plein air painting.  I chose a park side but was not in favour.  After analysing it, we decided to go somewhere else.  The group preferred the water edge.  It was windy so we turned into the bush on a headland for a sheltered position.  I came to the edge and looked down.  I fell for the scene.  Because we had already wasted an hour, I had to be hurry.  I worked quickly thinking I was playing with chances that it might fail.  After a few minutes I started to enjoy it.  This scene was so peaceful, I chose a simple palette.. the painting finally appeared with surprise.  This would be a place that I would be happy to spend more time dipping my toes in the water..  I credited my friend for her leadership to rescue a near disaster situation otherwise I would go home empty handed. 

Looking at the picture, I think the painting day was a success.  It pays to make quick decision and hang on to any possibilities that one could think of.

It was my turn to suggest a site for en plein air painting.  I chose a park side but was not in favour.  After analysing it, we decided to go somewhere else.  The group preferred the water edge.  It was windy so we turned into the bush on a headland for a sheltered position.  I came to the edge and looked down.  I fell for the scene.  Because we had already wasted an hour, I had to be hurry.  I worked quickly thinking I was playing with chances that it might fail.  After a few minutes I started to enjoy it.  This scene was so peaceful, I chose a simple palette.. the painting finally appeared with surprise.  This would be a place that I would be happy to spend more time dipping my toes in the water..  I credited my friend for her leadership to rescue a near disaster situation otherwise I would go home empty handed.   Looking at the picture, I think the painting day was a success.  It pays to make quick decision and hang on to any possibilities that one could think of.
Magical moment on the Shore


No comments:

Post a Comment