Friday 20 November 2015

The Sea Talks to Me, Watercolour Painting En Plein Air

'Our one-year-old son will insult you with his happiness and freedom every day' - Antoine Leiris. A father's defiant message to ISIS after his wife, the mother of his son, was killed in Paris, 13 Nov 2015. It is an impressive statement.

As usual I love everyday of my life but the terrors that happen around the world make me more conscious .

Make the most of everyday. More love to family members. More joy to every moment of life....

Making time to enjoy summer is a must on my list. I often dream of lying on a beach with a wet paint brush, capturing whatever in front of me. However, I was not allowed to take painting gear with me to the beach to enjoy time with family.

In situations like this, I thought of a French pochade watercolour box I bought sometime ago and a pad of watercolour A5 papers (a birthday gift) would be perfect. I quietly slipped the little set in the bag unnoticed. When everyone was going for a walk along the beach, it was the time for me to enjoy the scenes of the beach while sitting with bags and sandals. Time went. It was a long walk. When people came back, I showed them the picture. It was a surprise. People find it hard to believe it was an actual scene on the beach that was right in front of us! I was pleased everyone had something to enjoy especially the one that got left behind!.. me.. It's a win win situation.

With this little picture, that summer day will be in my mind forever. Dream came true!:-)

Writing this, I still feel the heat of the beach. That's is the charm of en plein air with a pochade box. Try it for yourselves, you will be pleasantly surprised that the scene you love can actually talk to you! :-)

I plan to have more and more the secret pleasures with the charming French pochade painting box while sharing wonderful time with family and friends. I am having the world both ways in my arms! Hug.

Looking at the two ladies with their little steps toward the sea, I thought of Picasso painting of the first step. In life, we do not have the whole staircase in front of us, only the first step. The first step of independence into uncertainty requires courage.. I thought of the first step of a one year old who just lost his mother.. the first step of a father who decided to love him twice as much..

Everyday is a chance for a first step into the magic of life. Take it.

Yes, love life a bit more everyday. My friends, you always win.

 Making time to enjoy summer is a must on my list.  I often dream of lying on a beach with a wet paint brush, capturing whatever in front of me.  However, I was not allowed to take painting gear with me to the beach to enjoy time with family.  In situations like this, I thought a French pochade watercolour box and a pad of watercolour A5 papers (a birthday gift) would be perfect.  I when everyone was going for a walk along the beach.  It's the time for me to enjoy this little scene while sitting with bags and sandals.   It was a long walk but when people came back.  I showed them the picture  It was a surprise.  Hard to believe it was an actual scene on the beach right in front of us! Everyone has something to enjoy especially the one that got left behind!.. me.. It's a win win situation. With this little picture, this summer day will be in my mind forever.  Dream came true!:-)  That's is the charm of en plein air with a pochade box.  Try it for yourselves, you will be pleasantly surprised that the scene you love can actually talk to you! :-)
Beautiful Beach Scene in Watercolour, Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment